The Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Cooler uses engine coolant to reduce exhaust gas temperatures prior to recirculating them through the engine’s intake system. Reducing engine combustion temperature helps prevent the formation of Oxides of Nitrogen (NOx) pollutants. In addition, EGR reduces thermal stress on cylinder head gaskets and intake/exhaust valves, which can contribute to component life.
Ford Genuine Parts EGR Coolers are recommended by Ford Motor Company for Power Stroke Diesel engines. Highlights of the 2004-2010 model year 6.0L Ford EGR Cooler include:
- Tube & fin style cooling design
- Revised heat exchanger fin materials to help prevent failures
- Outer case composition enhancements, compared to previous Ford Genuine Parts models, help maintain uniform dimensions under a wide variety of thermal conditions
- Dimensionally stable stainless alloy
- 80% cooling efficiency
- Meets emissions standards